UFT Installations steps: Follow the below steps for installing the trial version of UFT:
- Navigate to below URL:
- Click on UFT_14.03_Setup.exe link
- Fill the ‘Registration form and click on “Start Free Trial” button.
- Check your email Inbox and complete the registration process by clicking on ‘Confirm Email’ button
- After clicking on Confirm Email button you will be landing to ‘Micro Focus’ Login page.
- Login using Username and password given at the time of registration.
- Once you login you may not find any products in your account. Click on below link again to get UFT download link.
- Click on ‘Click here’ link to save/download UFT executable file.
- Double click on the executable file.
- Browse for save location to extract files (Change location to C:\UFT), Click on ‘Next’ button on UFT installation dialog.
- Setup will extract the files needed and save the files to specified folder.
- Setup may need some additional components to be installed on the machine. Click on ‘OK’ button.
- UFT setup wizard will be displayed after installing all the prerequisites. Click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select ‘Accept the terms in the License Agreement’ checkbox on EULA dialog.
- Custom setup dialog will be displayed. Select if any further add-ins are required. We can select add-ins later after installation. Click on ‘next’ button
- Click on ‘Install’ button as we are not using any ALM plug-ins.
- Click on ‘finish’ button on installation dialog to complete Installation Process.
UFT installation is successfully completed and you are ready to use UFT in your machine.
Enable IE, Chrome and Firefox Extensions: We need to enable UFT extensions in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox browser to enable UFT to identify Objects.
IE: Follow the below steps in Internet Explorer Browser:
-> Open IE browser and click on gear icon ,select ‘Manage Add-ons’ options.
->Manage Add-ons dialog box will get displayed.
->Select ‘HPE Functional Test Agent’ and click on ‘Enable’ button and click on ‘Close’ button.
Chrome: Follow the below steps in Chrome Browser:
Open Chrome browser and enter chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and Enable UFT extension.
Firefox: Follow the below steps in Firefox Browser:
Open Firefox browser and navigate to about: addons, click on Extensions.
Enable UFT extension.
Now, you are ready to record and playback automation scripts in all the three browsers.
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?