In the previous article, I have explained ‘Installation of ChroPath Add-on on Firefox Browser‘.
In this article, I am going to explain the steps for using ChroPath in Firefox Browser.
Note: I recommend using ChroPath Add-on in Chrome browser. This article is for the Firefox fans, who still want to use ChroPath in Firefox Browser.
Let’s get started.
Selenium Locators – Using ChroPath Add-on in Firefox Browser
Follow the below steps for using the ChroPath in Firefox Browser:
1) Open Firefox Browser, press ‘F12’ key on your keyboard and you will see the default Firefox developer options as shown below:
2) Click on the ‘ChroPath’ in the developer options and observe that the ChroPath functionality will be displayed as shown below:
3) Open any website say http://omayo.blogspot.com/. While the above ChroPath functionality is open, click on the ‘Inspect’ option of the ChroPath and select ‘Button2’ button UI element on the web page and observe that the XPath Expression and CSS Selectors for the ‘Button2’ button got auto-generated in the ChroPath as shown below:
Apart from the auto-generation of XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors using ChroPath in Firefox browser, we can also use ChroPath to validate the manually created XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors in Firefox Browser. I will explain the validation of manually created XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors using ChroPath in Firefox browser in the next article.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.