What is an XPath?
Watch the answer for this Selenium Interview Question in a detailed manner in the below youtube video:
Note: Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel here: Click here
Notes used for explanation in this Youtube video are provided after the video:
Notes used in the above Youtube Video:
- > XPath is a language that is used for traversing through an XML document
- > XPath is XML Path Language which is used to traverse through the XML file and finding the desired information
- > Since the structure of HTML is similar to XML, we can use XPath language even to traverse through HTML tags and get the desired information
- > XPath uses Path expressions to navigate through HTML/XML files and get the desired information
- > ‘Path expressions’ look similar to File path. Example: /html/body/ul/li/a
Selenium oriented way of answering this question:
- > XPath expressions are the one of the locator types that can be used for locating the UI elements on the web pages
- > For more Selenium Interview Questions and answers, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Interview Questions list here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?