uncheck is one of the commands in Selenium IDE.
The purpose of uncheck command in Selenium IDE, is to deselect the radio button.
In this article, I am going to practically demonstrate uncheck command in Selenium IDE for deselecting the given radio button as shown below:
Let’s get started.
New Selenium IDE – Using ‘uncheck’ command for deselecting a radio button
Follow the below steps for practicing uncheck command in Selenium IDE along with me:
1) Execute the open command in Selenium IDE as explained in the previous article: Selenium IDE – open command
2) Now click on the second row in the Selenium IDE’s Test Script Editor Box as shown below:
3) While the second row is selected in step 2, enter the Selenium IDE command ‘uncheck’ to the Command box field, enter the XPath locating strategy xpath=//input[@value=’Bicycle’] into the Target box field as shown below:
Note: The locating strategy xpath=//input[@value=’Bicycle’] is for locating the radio button on the http://omayo.blogspot.com/ URL page (Shown at the beginning of the article).
4) Click on ‘Run current test’ option as shown below:
5) Observe that the uncheck command in the Selenium IDE will be executed, the result will be passed and the required radio button will be deselected as shown below:
Here concludes the practical demonstration of uncheck command in Selenium IDE.
We can also use this uncheck command with checkbox options for deselecting them. For the practical demonstration of deselecting the checkbox option using uncheck command in Selenium IDE, read the below article:
In the next article, I will practically demonstrate another Selenium IDE command.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.