Refer the article New Selenium IDE – Commands (Selenese), for the complete list of Selenium IDE commands and their practical demonstrations.
type is one of the commands in Selenium IDE.
The purpose of type command in Selenium IDE, is to type any given text into the text area field in the application.
In this article, I am going to practically demonstrate type command in Selenium IDE for typing text into the below-shown text area field on the page:
Let’s get started.
New Selenium IDE – Using type command for typing text into text area field
Follow the below steps for practicing type command for typing text into the text area field using Selenium IDE along with me:
1) Execute the open command in Selenium IDE as explained in the previous article: Selenium IDE – open command
2) Now click on the second row in the Selenium IDE’s Test Script Editor Box as shown below:
3) While the second row is selected in step 2, enter the Selenium IDE command ‘type’ to the Command box field, enter the id locating strategy id=ta1 into the Target box field, the value to be typed i.e. QAFox into the ‘Value’ field as shown below:
Note: The locating strategy id=ta1, will locate the ‘Text Area Field’ text area field on the http://omayo.blogspot.com/ URL page (Shown at the beginning of the article).
4) Click on ‘Run current test’ option as shown below:
5) Observe that the type command in the Selenium IDE will be executed and the given text value ‘QAFox’ will be typed into the ‘Text Area Field’ text field as shown below:
Here concludes the practical demonstration of using type command in Selenium IDE for typing text into the text area field.
We can also use this type command in Selenium IDE for typing text into this text area field.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.