As part of exploring the other Selenium IDE features in-depth, I will explain the below different options in Selenium IDE:
- Executing View
- Test Execution Speed
- Enable/Disable Comments
- Select Target in Page
Let’s get started with a practical demonstration.
New Selenium IDE – Other Remaining Options
Follow the below steps for exploring other remaining Options in Selenium IDE:
1) Launch the Selenium IDE having multiple recorded Tests as shown below:
2) Now click on the ‘Run all tests’ option as shown below:
3) While the tests are getting executed one after the other, change the ‘Tests’ view to ‘Executing’ view as shown below:
4) Observe that the Tests that are currently getting executed will be displayed in the ‘Executing’ pane as shown below:
5) And when no tests are executing in Selenium IDE, ‘No Tests Running’ will be displayed in the ‘Executing’ page as shown below:
6) Click on ‘Test Execution Speed’ option as shown below:
In the displayed speed option, change the speed from ‘Fast’ to ‘Slow’ as shown below:
Now execute any Test say ‘Test1’ and observe that the execution speed has been changed from Speed to Slow.
7) Select any step say ‘Step 4’ in any test say ‘Test1’ and click on ‘//’ option (i.e. Comment option) as shown below:
Observe that the selected step (i.e. step 4) got commented as shown below:
Execute the Test having the commented step by clicking on the ‘Run Current Test’ option and observe that all the steps in the Test except the Commented step will be executed.
8) Select any new step in the Test, enter any command say ‘click’ into the ‘Command’ field and click on ‘Select Target in Page’ option as shown below:
‘Select an element’ option will be displayed on this page as shown below:
While the above option is displayed on the page, select any UI element say ‘Volvo’ option in the multi-selection Box field as shown below:
Switch to Selenium IDE and observe that the Locators for the selected ‘Volvo’ option got created automatically by the Selenium IDE as shown below:
Here concludes the practical demonstration of other remaining options in Selenium IDE.
In the next article, I will practically demonstrate another Selenium IDE feature to be explored (Refer other features to be explored here)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.