In the previous post, I have explained the installation of Selenium IDE in Chrome Browser.
In this article, I will explain Launching the installed Selenium IDE extension from the Chrome Browser in a step by step manner.
Launching Selenium IDE in Chrome Browser
Follow the below steps for launching the Selenium IDE extension from the Chrome Browser:
1) Open Chrome Browser having Selenium IDE Extension installed and click on the ‘Selenium IDE’ extension as shown below:
2) In the displayed Selenium IDE dialog, click on ‘Record a new test in a new project’ option as shown below:
3) In the displayed screen of Selenium IDE, enter the Project name say ‘LocatorsDemo’ and click on ‘OK’ button as shown below:
4) In the displayed screen of Selenium IDE, enter Project base URL as http://omayo.blogspot.com/ and click on ‘Start Recording’ button as shown below:
5) The Base URL given in the above screen will be opened automatically in a new & fresh instance of chrome browser and ‘Selenium IDE is Recording’ message will be displayed as shown below:
6) Switch to Selenium IDE and select to stop the recording by clicking on ‘Stop Recording’ button as shown below:
7) It will ask for the Test Name on stopping the recording, enter any Test Name say ‘LocatorsTest’ and click on ‘OK’ button as shown below:
This is how we can Launch Selenium IDE in Chrome Browser.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.