In the previous article, I have explained the Requirements and Configurations required for executing Test Automation scripts in Katalon Studio.
In this article, I am going to explain one of the configurations (i.e. Installing and Configuring Katalon Automation Recorder). Katalon Automation Recorder is required for capturing objects in Active browser.
Let’s get started.
Katalon Studio – Installing and configuring Katalon Automation Recorder
Follow the below steps for installing and configuring Katalon Automation Recorder Extension:
1) Open google.com in Chrome browser, search for ‘Katalon Automation Recorder’ and click on the below link from search results as shown below:
2) Click on ‘Add to Chrome’ button in the displayed page as shown below:
3) Click on ‘Add Extension’ button on the displayed dialog and observe that ‘Katalon Automation Recorder’ is successfully installed in chrome browser as it got added to the chrome browser as shown below:
4) Click on the above ‘Katalon Automation Recorder’ hat got added to the chrome browser (as shown above) and click on ‘Settings’ icon on the displayed ‘Katalon Automation Recorder’ dialog as shown below:
5) A web page will be opened in the active browser and it will be displaying the port number as 50000 by default as shown below:
Note: This port number will be used for sending the data between the Katalon Studio and Katalon Automation Recorder.
6) Now, open Katalon Studio and select ‘Window’ menu > ‘Katalon Studio Preferences’ option as shown below:
7) In the displayed ‘Preferences’ dialog, select ‘Katalon’ > ‘Utility Add-on’ option and make sure that the same port number 50000 is mentioned here too as shown below:
Here concludes this article.
In the upcoming article, I will explain configuring the IE browser for Katalon Studio.
- > To learn more about Katalon Studio, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Katalon Studio Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.