In our previous article, I have explained – Automating Games using Katalon Studio.
In continuation of automating games, we need to understand how to integrate Katalon Studio with Sikuli.
Before integrating Katalon Studio with Sikuli, lets me give small introduction to Sikuli.
What is Sikuli?
Sikuli uses image recognition technology to locate the UI elements on the Applications.
Hence, what ever you see on the Application screens can be automated with the help of Sikuli.
As automating games is a challenging task and in most of the cases the UI elements on the Game applications like Casino cannot be located, we need to use Sikuli in integration with Katalon Studio to locate the UI elements using Sikuli which cannot be located.
Let’s get started.
Katalon Studio and Sikuli Integration
Follow the below steps for integrating Sikuli with Katalon Studio:
1) Download Sikuli Jars from https://launchpad.net/sikuli/+download and place them in a dedicated folder in your machine say D:\Jars or other location as shown below:
2) Double click on the above downloaded Jar file to execute it and click ‘Yes’ button on the displayed ‘SikuliX-Setup’ dialog as shown below:
3) Select all the check boxes displayed on the dialog and click on ‘Setup’ Button as shown below:
4) In the displayed dialog, click on ‘Yes’ button as shown below:
5) Observe that download process will begin and after a while click on ‘Yes’ button on the displayed dialog as shown below:
6) Click ‘OK’ buttons on the next displayed dialogs.
7) Now go the folder location where we downloaded the Sikulix Setup Jar file (Refer Step 1) and observe that more Jars will be downloaded automatically to the folder on installing SikuliX Setup Jar as shown below:
8) Open Katalon Studio and create a new Project as shown below:
In the resultant dialog, provide any Project Name and save.
9) Lets add the Jar files to the above created Project in Katalon Studio by following the below steps.
10) In Katalon Studio, click on ‘Project’ and select ‘Settings’ option as shown below:
11) In the displayed dialog, select ‘External Libraries’ and click on ‘Add’ option as shown below:
12) In the displayed dialog, navigate to location where all the Jars to be added are available and click on ‘Open’ button as shown below:
13) Once all the required Jar are added, click on ‘Okay’ button as shown below:
Hence concludes this article and we have successfully integrated Katalon Studio with Sikuli.
In the next article, I will explain the Integration of Katalon Studio and Sikuli with the help of a script.
- > To learn more about Automating Games using Katalon Studio, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Katalon Studio Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
I am Rama Sharma. Currently working as Game Tester at Ingenuity Gaming.
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.