What is Appium Doctor?
Appium Doctor can be used to check whether all the prerequisites/dependencies/installations required for installing Appium are met.
Hence, before installing Appium, we will install Appium Doctor to check whether the prerequisites or other configurations are set properly.
In this article, I am going to provide the step by step process for installing Appium Doctor and then checking whether all the required prerequisites or set configurations are met before installing Appium.
Lets get started.
Installing and Using Appium Doctor
Following are the steps for installing Appium Doctor and checking for required prerequisites or set configurations before installing Appium:
1) We need to install Appium Doctor via npm via command prompt (If npm is not installed, refer to this article)
2) Open the default command prompt in your machine and install the Appium Doctor by executing the below command:
npm install -g appium-doctor
Observe that the following will happen in the command prompt as shown below:
Note: If the installation stops in the command prompt, press Enter key to continue.
In the above screen, the Appium Doctor got successfully installed.
Now lets use Appium Doctor for finding whether the required prerequisites or set configurations are met before installing Appium.
3) Execute the below command in the command prompt to use the Appium Doctor:
Observe that Appium Doctor start checking if any Appium prerequisites, setup configuration or dependencies are missing before installing Appium as shown below:
If any pre-setup required before Appium is missing, Appium Doctor alerts us to install the missing items.
Note: We can ignore the warnings, only errors needs to fix.
In the above image there are no errors, that means we can proceed with Appium installation in our machines.
- > To learn more about Appium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Appium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.