Getting Started with Java In Mac Machine
What is Java?
- Java is a programming language
What is the Role of Java in Selenium?
- Java plays a major role and Selenium is nothing without Java.
What amount of Java is enough for Selenium?
- Java at a high level can be divided as:
- Core Java
- Advanced Java
- Only Core Java is required for Selenium
Java Installation and Configuration
- We cannot execute our Java programs without installing Java
- Download Latest LTS version of Java and Install it
- Search for ‘terminal’ in Spotlight and open the terminal
- Execute java -version to check whether the Java is available in your machine or not
- Download the latest LTS version of Java and install
- In terminal, check whether Java is installed or not using java -version
- Configure Java (Advanced System Settings) and confirm
- In terminal, check JAVA_HOME is set or not using echo $JAVA_HOME
- In terminal, type echo $SHELL
- In terminal, type vi ~/.zshrc
- Press i for insert and type export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)
- Press esc :wq
- echo $JAVA_HOME
IntelliJ Idea Installation and Launching
- What is IntelliJ IDEA?
- Download Community Edition of IntelliJ and Install
Creating a Java Project in IntelliJ Idea and Executing a Sample Program
- Create the Java Program and Execute a Sample Program