What are the different components or tools of Selenium?
Selenium is not a single tool, instead it is a combination of the following four different components / tools:
- > Selenium IDE
- > Selenium RC
- > Selenium WebDriver
- > Selenium Grid
More about the different components of Selenium:
- > Selenium IDE (Latest version is available)
- – Selenium IDE is a record and playback tool
- – It records the tests like recording a video and playbacks/execute the recorded tests like playing the recorded video
- > Selenium RC (Outdated)
- – Selenium RC is just a set of commands or predefined methods using which we can develop Selenium Automation scripts using various supported programming languages like Java, C#, Python, Ruby and others
- – Selenium RC is now outdated & deprecated and got completely replaced by Selenium WebDriver
- > Selenium WebDriver (Major component)
- – Selenium WebDriver is just a set of commands or predefined methods using which we can develop Selenium Automation scripts using various supported programming languages like Java, C#, Python, Ruby and others
- – Selenium WebDriver is currently popular in the market and is the major component of Selenium
- > Selenium Grid
- – Selenium Grid is a concept or set of configurations, using which we can distribute the multiple tests across multiple machines having different operating systems and browser types.
- > All the above Selenium components or tools mentioned will be covered in a step by step manner in the upcoming posts.
Watch this video on “What are the different component or tools of Selenium?” for more clarity:
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
Arun Motoori (www.QAFox.com)
On a mission to help the Testing community in all possible ways.