CodeceptJS– Install Node.js on Ubuntu and Configure
As I am using Ubuntu Operating System. So, In this Article, I will explain how to install and configure Nodejs on Ubuntu Operating System.
Follow the below steps for installing Node.js on your machine:-
1) Open https://nodejs.org/en/ and click on Other Downloads.
2) Click on other downloads and scroll down to Installing Node.js via package manager and click on it.
3) Now Click on Debian and Ubuntu-based Linux distributions link then click on Node.js binary distributions link.
4) Based on which version to install scroll down and follow the instructions for the Ubuntu operating system. I am installing Node.js v14.x so follow instructions for that as shown below.
5) While running the command in Step4 in your Ubuntu terminal if you get an error “Command ‘curl’ not found” Then run the below command to install curl.
sudo apt install curl
Note:- curl has been already installed on my ubuntu operating system that’s why it is giving the message curl is already the newest version on my machine.
6) Now run below command in continuation with command run in ubuntu terminal in step4
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
7) To verify if nodejs has been installed in your ubuntu operating system. Run below command in ubuntu terminal.
To Know Node Version :-
To Know NPM Version :-
This shows that Node.js has been installed and configured successfully.
> To learn more about CodeceptJS, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
> Check complete CodeceptJS Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to help the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.