C# for Selenium – First C Sharp Program
Once you have installed Visual Studio as instructed in our previous post (click here to install Visual Studio), you are now ready to execute a C# program in it.
Simple C# Program Execution
Follow the below steps for creating and executing a simple C# Program in Console Application of Visual Studio.
1) Search for ‘Visual Studio’ in your machine and click from the Search results as shown below:
2) Observe that the Visual Studio IDE will be launched and Click on the ‘Create a new Project’ option as shown below:
3) Select ‘Console C#’ Template and Click on the ‘Next’ button on the displayed ‘Create a new project’ dialog as shown below:
4) In the displayed dialog, provide the project name as ‘MyFirstProject’ and select any desired location on your machine and click on ‘Create’ button as shown below:
5) Program.cs with default code and Solution Explorer will be opened by default as shown below:
6) Write the following line of code inside the Main block as shown below and Save Program.cs file:
The below code will print the given text in to the Output console as it is.
Console.WriteLine("My First C# Program"); //Prints the line of text as Output
7) Lets execute the line of code written so far by clicking ‘Start’ button on the Visual Studio IDE or by pressing ‘F5’ key on your keyboard as shown below:
8) Observe that the Program got executed, but was unable to see the Output, as the Console displayed and got exited before one could see the output. To overcome this problem, lets written another line of code which waits for the User input as shown below:
Console.ReadLine(); //Waits for the User input.
9) Lets execute the updated code again by clicking ‘Start’ button on the Visual Studio IDE or by pressing ‘F5’ key on your keyboard and observe that the we can see the Output as shown below:
Hurray! You have successfully executed your first program written in C#.
I will demonstrate more C# programs in upcoming articles. Stay Tuned.
- > To learn more about Selenium C#, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Selenium C# Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.