Appium – Downloading and Installing Android Studio
Following are the steps we need to follow for installing Android Studio in your windows machine:
1) Navigate to Android Studio Download Page (Click here for Download page)
2) Click on ‘Download Android Studio’ button on the above navigated page
3) On the displayed ‘Download Android Studio’ page, select the check box option ‘I have read and agree with the above terms and conditions’ and click on ‘Download Android Studio for Windows’ button as shown below:
4) Once the download is completed, you will see following icon in your downloaded locations. Double click on the .exe file to launch the installer.
5) Click ‘Next’ button on ‘Welcome to Android Studio’ screen as shown below:
6) Select ‘Android Virtual Device’ check box, if not selected and click on ‘Next’ button again as shown below:
7) Click ‘Next’ button on the Configurations Settings screen as shown below:
8) Click ‘Install’ button on ‘Choose Start Menu Folder’ screen:
9) Once the installation is started, you will see the below screen. Wait until the below Installation is completed.
10) Once the installation is completed, click on ‘Next’ button on the ‘Installation Complete Screen’.
11) Now select ‘Start Android Studio’ check box option and click on ‘Finish’ button as shown below:
12) If you see the below screen while the Android Studio is getting launched, you can select any of the below options based on your decision:
13) Select ‘Do not import setting’ radio option and click on ‘OK’ button as shown below:
14) Click ‘Next’ button on the displayed ‘Android Studio Setup Wizard’ as shown below:
15) Now select the Install type as ‘Standard’ and click on ‘Next’ button as shown below:
16) Select ‘Next’ button on the ‘Select UI Theme’ screen as shown below:
17) Click on ‘Finish’ button on the ‘Verify Settings’ screen as shown below:
18) Wait until all the components are downloaded and click on ‘Finish’ button once completed as shown below:
19) Select ‘Start a new Android Studio Project’ option on the displayed screen as shown below:
20) Click on ‘Next’ button on the ‘Choose your project’ screen as shown below:
21) Select desired API from ‘Minimum API Level’ drop-down field. By default the most used API level will be selected as shown in the screenshot. As 95.3% of Android users use API level more than 19, select accordingly and click on ‘Finish’ button:
22) Now you will see the Android Studio launch in full mode. However, the Android Studio will download some internal modules and you can notice the download progress at the bottom right as shown below:
23) Once the background download progress gets completed, you will see activity_main.xml inside Android Studio as shown below:
— End of Android Studio Installation. —
- > To learn more about Appium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Appium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.