In this article, I will be explaining ‘How to configure Emulator in Android Studio’ in a step by step manner.
Android Studio should be installed and launched (Click here for step by step instructions for installing Android Studio). Ignore, if you already have Android Studio installed in your machine.
Also, the Emulator needs to be created in Andriod Studio (Click here for step by step instructions for creating Emulator in Android Studio). Ignore, if you already created an Emulator in Android Studio.
Appium – Configuring Emulator in Android Studio
Now, follow the below steps for configuring Emulator in Android Studio:
1) Launch Android Studio and select ‘AVD Manager’ option from ‘Tools’ Menu as shown below:
2) Click on ‘Edit’ icon in the displayed list of earlier created Emulators (Say click on ‘Edit’ icon for Emulator having name as ‘Pixel 3 API 28’ as shown below:
3) In the below displayed ‘Virtual Device Configuration’ dialog, we can configure Emulator (Will explain the different things we can configure in the next steps).
4) You can change the Emulator Name by changing the ‘AVD Name’ (as shown below):
5) You can change the device by click on the Change button shown below:
6) You can change the OS in the selected device by clicking on the Change button shown below:
7) You can change the orientation in which the Emulator device needs to launch when started:
8) Now, click on ‘Show Advanced Settings’ button to see more configurations that we can change for the selected Emulator:
9) You can change the RAM that is allocated to the Emulator as shown below:
10) Click on ‘Finish’ to apply the Configuration changes you have made as shown below:
11) Congratulations, you have successfully configured the emulator in Android Studio.
- > To learn more about Appium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Appium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.