Selenium in simple terms is a Test Automation Tool.
Pre-requisites required for understanding Selenium:
Before understanding Selenium, you need to first understand all the pre-requisites required from the below articles :
- > What is Software Testing?
- > What is Manual Testing?
- > What is Test Automation or Automation Testing?
What is Selenium?
Selenium in Simple terms is a Test Automation tool. In order to understand Selenium Test Automation tool in a better way, we have to first understand the difference between Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
Difference between Manual Testing and Automation Testing
- > In Manual Testing, a person having role as a Tester will be sitting before the computer to check whether the application functionality is working as expected.
- > In Automation Testing, we will be using Automation Tools to perform the Testing
- > Hence in Manual Testing, a person will be performing the testing instead of tools and where as in Automation Testing, a tool will be performing testing with an intention of saving testing time of a tester
How can an Automation Tool perform Testing?
- > Step#1: Testers/Automation engineers will create the automation code using any Selenium supported language say Java and put the developed code into the Automation tool like Selenium
- > Step#2: Automation Tool like Selenium will execute the automation code developed by Testers/Automation Engineers to test the applications functionality.
Conclusion: Selenium is a Test Automation Tool, using which we can create and execute the automation scenarios with an intention of testing the application functionality by saving the time of a tester.
Watch this video on ‘What is Selenium?’ for more clarity:
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
Arun Motoori ( www.QAFox.com )
On a mission to help the Software Testing community in all possible ways.