As explained in one of the previous posts, Firebug and Firepath add-ons for locating and validating the UI elements on the page got deprecated and discontinued and we have to use alternative add-ons in place of Firebug and Firepath.
Though ChroPath is the best alternative of Firebug & Firepath in locating the UI elements and validating the XPath Expressions & CSS Selectors, we can also use Ranorex Selocity in Chrome browser to auto-generate the XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors.
Note: Ranorex Selocity add-on of chrome browser can only be used for auto-generating XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors for the UI elements on the page.
In this article, I am going to practically demonstrate auto-generating XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors using the Ranorex Selocity chrome add-on.
Let’s get started.
Installing and using Ranorex Selocity Add-on in Chrome
Follow the below steps for auto-generating the XPath Expressions and CSS Selector for the UI elements on the page using Ranorex Selocity Add-on in Chrome browser:
1) Open Chrome browser, google search for ‘Ranorex Selocity’ and click on the below link from the search results:
2) Click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button from the Chrome Web Store page of ‘Ranorex Selocity’ as shown below:
3) Click on ‘Add Extension’ button on the displayed dialog as shown below:
4) Observe that the Ranorex Selocity Add-on got added to the Chrome Browser as shown below:
5) Open any application say http://omayo.blogspot.com/ in the Chrome Browser as shown below:
6) As Ranorex Selocity Add-on is successfully installed and added to the chrome browser, we can simply get it options by right-clicking on the page.
Let’s right-click on the Text Area field and observe that we are getting the Ranorex Selocity options to copy the auto-generated XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors as shown below:
Select the above ‘Copy’ options to copy the auto-generated XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors by the Ranorex Selocity addon and use them for locating the required UI elements on the web page.
Here concludes this article.
In the next article, I will explain a different alternative for Firebug and Firepath.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.