In our previous articles, I have explained Installing, Using and Validating locators in both Chrome and Firefox Browsers.
Similarly, in this article, I am going to practically explain using ChroPath Add-on in the Opera Browser.
Note: ChroPath Add-on can be installed on both Chrome, Opera and Firefox Browsers, I personally recommend it using it on the Chrome Browser.
This article for the Opera fans, who are interested in using ChroPath Add-on on the Opera Browser.
Let’s get started.
Selenium Locators – Install, Use and Validate locators using Chropath in Opera Browser
Follow the below steps for installing ChroPath Add-on on Opera Browser:
1) Open Opera browser, google search for ‘ChroPath for Opera extension’ and click on the link displayed in the Search Results as shown below:
2) In the displayed Oprea Add-on’s page for ChroPath, click on ‘Add to Opera’ button as shown below:
3) Click on the ‘Add’ button on the displayed confirmation as shown below:
4) Observe that a ChroPath Add-on got added to the Opera Browser as shown below:
Hence, we have successfully installed ChroPath in Opera Browser.
5) Open http://omayo.blogspot.com/ in Opera Browser, right-click on the ‘Button2’ button, select ‘Inspect’ option and observe that the Opera DeveloperOptions will be displayed as shown below:
6) Click on three dots and select ‘dock to bottom’ option as shown below:
7) Observe that the Opera browser got docked to the bottom of the page as shown below:
8) While the ‘Edit’ tab under Developers options is selected, click on the below ‘>>’ arrow and select ‘ChroPath’ option as shown below:
9) Observe that the ChroPath functionality is getting displayed and the auto-generated XPath Expressions & CSS Selectors are getting displayed as shown below:
10) Apart from the auto-generated locators, we can also validate the XPath Expressions and CSS Selectors as shown below:
XPath Expression – //input[@name=’q’]
CSS Selector – #but2
Let’s validate the above-given XPath Expression and CSS Selector to check whether they are locating any UI element on the web page using ChroPath in Opera browser as shown below:
CSS Selector Validation:
Hence we have installed, used and validated locators using ChroPath in Opera browser.
Here concludes this article.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.