In this article, I am going to practically explain Record and Playback using New Selenium IDE in Chrome Browser.
Let’s get started.
Record and Playback using New Selenium IDE in Chrome Browser
Follow the below steps for performing Record and Playback using New Selenium IDE in Chrome browser:
1) Open Chrome browser having New Selenium Installed and click on the ‘Selenium IDE’ option displayed on the browser as shown below:
2) Selenium IDE will be launched and select ‘Record a new test in a new project’ as shown below:
3) In the displayed ‘Name your new Project’ dialog, enter any project name say ‘OmayoProj’ in the ‘Project Name’ text field and click on ‘OK’ button:
4) In the displayed ‘Set your project’s base URL’ dialog, enter the Base URL say http://omayo.blogspot.com/ and click on ‘Start Recording’ button as shown below:
5) A fresh chrome browser window will be launched by Selenium IDE and ‘Selenium IDE is recording’ message will be displayed on the window as shown below:
6) As Selenium IDE is in recording mode, whatever action we perform on the freshly launched chrome browser window will be recorded in the background by Selenium IDE.
Let’s perform a small action say ‘Type QAFox text into the Search box field’ and click on ‘Search’ button as shown below:
Once the above action is performed, switch to Selenium IDE, observe that the actions performed by us on the application got recorded in Selenium IDE and click on ‘Stop Recording’ option to stop recording further actions as shown below:
7) On clicking ‘Stop Recording’ option above, ‘Name your new test’ dialog will be displayed.
Enter any Test Name say TestOne into the ‘Tets Name’ field and click on ‘OK’ button as shown below:
8) Observe that the given Test Name will be displayed under the ‘Tests’ pane as shown below:
So far, we were able to record the user actions performed on the application using Selenium IDE.
Now, lets playback the recorded test using Selenium by following the below steps.
9) While the newly created ‘TestOne’ is selected, click on ‘Run current test’ option as shown below:
10) Observe that a fresh browser will be launched automatically by Selenium IDE, navigated to the base URL, automatically performs the Search action without our intervention and all the test steps which got successfully executed by Selenium IDE got displayed in dark green color as shown below:
Hence we were able to successfully record the test and playback the recorded test using Selenium IDE.
As the test has been already recorded, we can playback this test any number of times whenever required.
Here concludes this article.
In the next article, I will explain installing, launching, record and playback using Selenium IDE in Firefox browser.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.