Refer the article New Selenium IDE – Commands (Selenese), for the complete list of Selenium IDE commands and their practical demonstrations.
choose cancel on next prompt is one of the commands in Selenium IDE.
The purpose of choose cancel on next prompt command in Selenium IDE, is to plan for cancelling the prompt before it is displayed. i.e. Once the prompt is displayed on the page, it will be cancelled.
In this article, I am going to practically demonstrate choose cancel on next prompt command in Selenium IDE choosing to cancel the prompt before it is displayed on the page:
Note: As shown in the above screenshot, the prompt dialog has ‘Text Field’, ‘OK’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons.
Let’s get started.
New Selenium IDE – Using ‘choose cancel on next prompt’ command for cancelling the prompt
Follow the below steps for practising choose cancel on next prompt command in Selenium IDE along with me:
1) Execute the open command in Selenium IDE as explained in the previous article: Selenium IDE – open command
2) Now click on the second row in the Selenium IDE’s Test Script Editor Box as shown below:
3) While the second row is selected in step 2, enter the Selenium IDE command ‘click’ to the Command box field, enter the id locating strategy id=prompt into the Target box field as shown below:
Note: The locating strategy id=prompt is for locating the ‘GetPrompt’ button on the http://omayo.blogspot.com/ URL page (Shown at the beginning of the article).
We are doing this to click on the ‘GetPrompt’ button, which ultimately displays the prompt dialog.
4) Right-click on the above step and select ‘Insert new command’ option as shown below:
5) Select the inserted row, enter the command choose cancel on next prompt into the Command field as shown below:
6) Click on ‘Run current test’ option and observe that the execution got passed:
We have checked that the required prompt dialog is displayed and got cancelled.
Note: We won’t be able to see it visually, but the prompt will be cancelled.
Here concludes the practical demonstration of choose cancel on next prompt command in Selenium IDE.
In the next article, I will practically demonstrate another Selenium IDE command.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.