As part of explaining all the new features in the latest Selenium IDE, I will explain performing parallel execution of Tests using Command Line Runner in Selenium IDE.
In Selenium IDE, if we have to execute the tests in a suite in parallel, you cannot directly perform parallel execution using the Selenium IDE. Instead, parallel execution of Selenium IDE tests is only possible when we execute them from the Command Line Runner (i.e. SIDE Runner).
In this article, I will explain practically the steps for parallel execution of Selenium IDE tests using Command Line Runner (i.e. SIDE Runner).
Let’s get started.
New Selenium IDE – Parallel Execution of Tests using Command Line Runner
Follow the below steps for executing the Selenium IDE tests in parallel using the Command Line Runner (i.e. SIDE Runner)
1) Create a Project in Selenium IDE say ‘Project1’, add a Test Suite say ‘Suite1’ and add multiple tests under the Test Suite say ‘Test1’ and ‘Test2’ with recorded steps as shown below:
2) Hover the mouse on the ‘Suite1’ Test Suite, select three dots and select the ‘Settings’ option as shown below:
3) In the displayed ‘Suite Properties’ dialog, select ‘Run in parallel’ checkbox option as shown below and click on ‘Submit’ button:
Note: Under the above-selected checkbox option, it clearly states that ‘Running in parallel works only in the runner’ (i.e. Selenium IDE Command Line Runner – SIDE Runner)
4) Save the Project in your machine as shown below:
5) If not configured already, configure the Command Line Runner (i.e. SIDE Runner) using the steps provided at the below link:
5) Execute the above-saved project using the SIDE Runner as shown below:
Observe that two tests inside the executed Project got executed parallelly as shown below:
Once the Tests got completed execute, the results will be displayed in the command line as shown below:
Here concludes the practical demonstration of Parallel Execution of Tests using Command Line Runner.
In the next article, I will practically demonstrate another new feature in the latest Selenium IDE. (new features in the latest Selenium IDE)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.