As part of exploring the other Selenium IDE features in-depth, I will explain the below different options in Selenium IDE:
- add test
- rename test
- duplicate test
- delete test
Let’s get started with a practical demonstration.
New Selenium IDE – Add, Rename, Duplicate and Delete Test
Follow the below steps for exploring the Add, Rename, Duplicate and Delete Test Selenium IDE’s options:
1) Launch the Selenium IDE having any Test Recorded init as shown below:
2) Select ‘+’ option (i.e. Add new test Option) beside the ‘Tests’ view as shown below:
3) In the displayed ‘Add new test case’ dialog, enter any Test Name say ‘TestA’ as shown below and click on ‘Add’ button on the dialog:
4) Observe that the new test with name ‘TestA’ got added to the Selenium IDE as shown below:
5) Hover the mouse on the ‘TestA’ test and select three dots option as shown below:
6) On selecting the above three dots, the other options ‘Rename’, ‘Duplicate’ and ‘Delete’ will be displayed as shown below:
7) Select ‘Rename’ option from the Step 6 and observe that ‘Rename test case’ dialog is displayed as shown below:
Modify the ‘Test Case Name’ to a different name say ‘TestB’ and click on ‘Rename’ button the dialog as shown below:
Observe that the Test Name got renamed to ‘TestB’ as shown below:
8) Select the ‘Duplicate’ option in the above Step 6 as shown below:
Observe that the selected Test will be duplicated as shown below:
9) Select the ‘Delete’ option in the above Step 6 as shown below:
Select the ‘Delete’ button on the displayed confirmation dialog as shown below:
Observe that the selected Test got deleted as shown below:
Here concludes the practical demonstration of all the Add, Rename, Duplicate and Delete Test Options in Selenium IDE.
In the next article, I will practically demonstrate another Selenium IDE feature to be explored (Refer other features to be explored here)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.