In the previous article, I have explained the Requirements and Configurations required for executing Test Automation scripts in Katalon Studio.
In this article, I am going to explain configuring the Internet Explorer Browser for executing Test Automation scripts on this browser using Katalon Studio.
Let’s get started.
Katalon Studio – Configuring Internet Explorer Browser
Follow the below steps for configuring Internet Explorer Browser:
1) Open Internet Explorer Browser in your machine and select ‘Tools’ > ‘Internet Options’ as shown below:
2) In the displayed ‘Internet Options’ dialog, click on ‘Security’ tab and select ‘Enabled Protected Mode’ check box for ‘Internet’, ‘Local Intranet’, ‘Trusted sites’ and ‘Restricted sites’ as shown below:
3) In the above ‘Internet Options’ dialog, click on ‘Advanced’ tab and make sure that the ‘Enable Enhanced Protected Mode’ option is not selected as shown below:
4) Also, verify that the Zoom level of Internet Explorer Browser is set to 100% as shown below:
5) If your Internet Explorer Browser version is 11, we need to set a registry entry on the target computer, so that the driver can maintain a connection to the instance of Internet Explorer it creates. Follow the below steps:
6) Type ‘regedit’ into the ‘Command Prompt’ and execute it to open the Registry Editor as shown below:
7) Observe that the ‘Registry Editor’ window is displayed as shown below:
8) Open ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ > ‘Software’ > ‘Microsoft’ > ‘Internet Explorer’ > ‘Main’ > ‘Feature Control’ and right click on select ‘New’ > ‘Key’ as shown below:
Note: Do this only when ‘FEATURE_BFCACHE’ key is not available.
9) Give ‘FEATURE_BFCACHE’ name to the above created key as shown below:
10) Right click on the above added key, select ‘New’ > ‘QWORD’ as shown below:
11) Give the value as ‘iexplore.exe’ for the above created ‘QWORD’ as shown below:
Here concludes this article.
In the upcoming article, I will practically demonstrate executing a sample test automation script in Katalon Studio.
- > To learn more about Katalon Studio, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Katalon Studio Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.