In the previous post, we have understood the below HTML basics:
- > HTML Structure
- > Also understand the previous posts on HTML in this tutorial for understanding the HTML basics (Click here to get started on HTML Basics for Selenium)
Once you have understood the above HTML Structure and other HTML Basics, you can now understand the steps for adding & displaying ruler on the Web Page using HTML.
Let’s get started
HTML for Selenium (Part 9) – Adding Ruler to the Web Page
Follow the below steps for adding and displaying Rulers on the Web Page using HTML.
1) HTML provides the tag <hr/> for adding and displaying Ruler where ever necessary on the Web Page. The following is an example for the same:
There are few tags in HTML who self close themselves and don’t have any closing tags.
For example, <b> tag has a closing tag i.e. </b>
<h1> tag has a closing tag i.e. </h1>
But, whereas ruler tag <hr/> is single and is a self-closing tag.
QAFox - This is some sample text
QAFox - This is another sample text
2) Download the Document having HTML structure from here (Download here)
3) Open the above-downloaded Document in NotePad++ as shown below:
4) Add the <hr/> tag along with the attribute along with same text before and after the tag as shown below and save:
5) Right click on the above-saved HTML file and select ‘Open’ option as shown below:
6) Observe that a Ruler is displayed between the same texts provided as shown :
Here concludes this article and will explain more HTML basics in the upcoming posts.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.