HTML for Selenium (Part 2) – HTML Elements Tags Attributes and Enclosed Text
In the previous post, we have understood “What is HTML?”
Now, let’s understand the different things which are used in HTML language to make our learning of HTML easier.
The following are the different things in HTML, I am going to explain in this article:
- > HTML Tags (Start and End Tags)
- > HTML Attribute Names and their values
- > Enclosed Text
- > HTML Elements
Let’s get started.
Follow the below steps for understanding the HTML Tags:
1) Open the Website http://compendiumdev.co.uk/selenium/basic_web_page.html in any browser say Chrome Browser:
2) Right click on the “A paragraph of text” and select ‘Inspect’ option as shown below:
3) Observe that the HTML code for “A paragraph of text” is displayed as shown below:
From the above image, observe that “A paragraph of text” text is enclosed by <p> and </p> HTML tags.
<p> before the enclosed text is the start tag and </p> after the enclosed text is the end tag (As shown below)
HTML Attributes Names and their values
Inside the Start Tag of any HTML element, we can see zero or more attribute names and their values as shown below:
In between the start tag and end tag, we can see the enrolled text as shown below:
The complete Start tag, Attribute Name & Value, Enclosed Text, and End Tag together form the HTML Element as shown below:
I will explain more HTML concepts that are required for learning Selenium in the upcoming posts.
- > To learn more about Selenium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post link below)
- > Check complete Selenium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.