C# for Selenium – Introduction, and Installation of Visual Studio
Microsoft has offered a free version of Visual Studio for individual developers called Visual Studio Community.
It is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for programming and developing an application in C# programming language.
The Visual Studio comes with .NET framework and predefined templates for the development of applications.
Installing Visual Studio Community
Visual Studio Community can be downloaded from the web using the link: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
Lets follow the below steps for downloading and installing Visual Studio Community Edition in our machines:
1) Navigate to the URL https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/ for downloading the community edition of Visual Studio in any of the browsers and click on the ‘Free Download’ link as shown below:
2) Double click on the downloaded .exe file for the above chosen ‘Visual Studio Community Edition’ as shown below:
3) Click on ‘Continue’ button on the displayed ‘Visual Studio Installer’ Installation Wizard as shown below:
4) It will take a while to download and display the installation wizard.
Select ‘.NET desktop development’ and click on ‘Install’ button on the displayed dialog as shown below:
5) Click on ‘Restart’ Button in the displayed dialog as shown below:
6) After the restart, search for ‘Visual Studio’ and click on displayed ‘Visual Studio’ from the search results as shown below:
7) In the displayed dialog, select ‘Not Now, Maybe later’ option as shown below:
8) In the displayed dialog, select ‘Start Visual Studio’ option as shown below:
9) Observe that the Visual Studio will be launched as shown below:
Here concludes the article and in our next articles, I will start explaining C# Programming in a step by step manner.
- > To learn more about Selenium C#, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Selenium C# Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning 🙂
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.