After installing Android Studio as explained in the previous post, you can configure it before proceeding with the further steps.
Appium – Configuring Android Studio
Follow the below steps for configuring Andriod Studio in Windows machine:
1) After the Android Studio is installed, ‘Sdk’ folder will be created in the Users folder. Follow the below steps to check whether the ‘Sdk’ folder is available inside the Users folder.
2) Open any folder in your machine and click on ‘This PC’ option as shown below:
3) In the displayed drives, click on ‘C’ Drive where the Windows Operating System is installed as shown below:
4) Once you are inside the C Drive, click on the ‘Users’ folder to open it as shown below:
5) Once you are inside the Users folder, click on the folder having the logged in user-name to open it as shown below:
6) Click on the ‘View’ Tab and select ‘Hidden Items’ checkbox option as shown below to show the hidden items:
7) Click on the Hidden folder named ‘AppData’ as shown below:
8) After going inside the AppData folder, click on ‘Local’ folder to open it as shown below:
9) After going inside the Local folder, click on the ‘Android’ folder to open it as shown below:
10) After going inside the Android folder, click on ‘Sdk’ folder to open it as shown below:
11) Copy the Sdk folder path as shown below:
12) Right click on ‘This PC’ and select the ‘Properties’ option as shown below:
13) In the displayed ‘System’ Window, click on the ‘Advanced System Settings’ option as shown below:
14) In the displayed ‘System Properties’ dialog, click on ‘Environment Variables’ button as shown below:
15) In the displayed ‘Environment Variables’ dialog, click on ‘New’ button under the ‘System Variables’ section as shown below:
16) In the displayed ‘New System Variable’ dialog, provide the variable name as ‘ANDROID_HOME’ and variable value as the path of the Sdk folder copied in step 11 as shown below and click on ‘OK’ button:
17) Observe that ‘ANDROID_HOME’ System Variable is successfully added as shown below:
18) Copy the path for Sdk > tools > bin as shown below:
19) Copy the path for Sdk > tools as shown below:
20) Copy the path for Sdk > platform-tools as shown below:
21) Find and select ‘Path’ variable under ‘System Variables’ of ‘Environment Variables’ and click on ‘Edit’ button as shown below:
22) Click on ‘New’ button on the displayed ‘Edit environment variable’ dialog and add all the above three copied paths from steps 18, 19 and 20 as shown below:
23) Click on ‘OK’ buttons until all the dialogs are closed.
This concludes the configuration of Android Studio in Windows machine.
- > To learn more about Appium, continue to the next post (Click on Next Post Link Below)
- > Check complete Appium Tutorial Contents here (Click here)
Please leave your questions/comments/feedback below.
Happy Learning ?
On a mission to contribute to the Software Testing Community in all possible ways.